I finally finished up my year in review of 2013! Woo hoo!
This was the first time I used a formal template and it really helped me to capture all my thoughts. As I solidified my goals for 2014, I wanted to be sure I was creating goals that would align well with all aspects of my life AND really be meaningful to me. So I created a template, closely based on the Wellbeing categories, to keep me on track.
Each goal I identified had to fall into one of the 6 categories and truly be something that would fuel me through out this year. My plan is to keep the template posted in my office as a reminder of what to focus on so I remain content, full and balanced.
- Career covers the details of what I do – type of work, clients, environment, etc.
- Health is about how I keep my whole self healthy – physical, mental and spiritual. The Wellbeing category is Physical, but Health resonates with me more.
- Community is all about how I interact with and support my communities – neighborhood, school district, city, state, country and organizations I belong to.
- Financial is about the security of my finances, but also how I track and spend.
- Social focuses on people I interact with on a regular basis.
- Family is a huge focus for me so I separated it out from Social.
These categories seem to be working for me, but its flexible. I have a client who tweaked this to fit her situation.
Are there different categories you would use?