Happy New Year!
Yes – I know it is February already. Technically, it is a new year the whole year, right!? Although I may be slow to start on-line, I have been super busy off-line.
Essential to beginning my new year was the matter of choosing a theme. So 2015 is designated as “The Year of Action.” Specifically, Action that is purposeful – meaning my actions align with my values and support my goals – personal and professional.
I created some serious to-do lists in January. A good bit of my energy was expended on reviewing the last year so I could “define my work”, which is the behind-the-scenes goodness that seems so easy until you dig into it, such as:
- What am I most passionate about? (so many things)
- How can I best help “others”? (With some new services I just posted!)
- Who exactly are these “others”? (I call them Passionate Do-Gooders!)
- Why do I do this work? (To make the world better)
Those are some BIG questions and I placed a check mark next to each one! <Insert pat on the back here>
Now that I have a good foundation set, I am working to translate that into….yes you guessed it – Action!
I know where I can be derailed sometimes so I am taking extra steps to address some of my more challenging attributes in all areas of my life.
- This post is a way to add accountability for my to-do lists and this year’s theme.
- I also just pre-ordered Gretchen Rubin’s new book Better Than Before and completed the free assessment to determine how I meet expectations and how I can improve some of my habits.
- I even added a 35 day Jazzercise challenge and Creativity Retreat to my calendar.
How is your 2015 going so far?
Have you designated a theme for this year?
What kind of tactics do you use to keep yourself accountable?
Want to hear more from me — Subscribe to the Passionate Do-Gooder mailing list.
Interested in participating in a new session – now scheduling for individual Year-End Visual Reviews and Define Your Work Sessions.